Friday, July 10, 2015

The Importance of Fishing -- for QKR Stampede

Hello, crafty friends!  It's Friday, and time for a new challenge at QKR Stampede.  This week, our theme is "fishing".  While no one in my family does, we are rare.  Most people in this city of 6 lakes LIVE to fish.  The card I made for today is a motto many live by:
I used 2 QKR Stampede digis on this card -- Gone Fishing (digi12406) and Fishing Is (digi12401).

I colored 'Gone Fishing' with Copic markers, then used a stitched circle die by Lawn Fawn to cut out the turtle.  All other dies on the card are from Craftin' Desert Divas (Banner Dies Set).  Designer paper is Pebbles Americana 6x6 paper pad.  The card base is Close To My Heart card stock. The rhinestone bling has been in my stash for ages (as my 5 year old neighbor would say).

 I hope you can join us this week at QKR Stampede for our Fishing challenge.  It's going to be a big one ;)

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love your turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....this resembles a relative of mine! I love the image and sentiment very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun Julie! Love that sweet turtle and what a fun sentiment! You should share this on the CDD Facebook Gallery. Love how you used the banner die set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit me! I love all your kind words of encouragement!