Friday, July 10, 2015

Berry Sweet chance to GD for Scrappin' Madge!

Awhile ago, my good friend Madge asked some of her scrappy friends if anyone wanted to guest design on her blog.  I, of course, said, "sure!". Then, a week or so ago, a sign up document showed up -- very official looking -- I signed up, and suddenly, my day is here!  Thanks, Madge, for the chance to be featured on your lovely blog, Madge's Scrappin Lounge with you and your uber talented friends!  I am honored!

It is berry season here where I live.  In Northwest Wisconsin, few things get us as excited as fresh strawberries.  Well, maybe a Packer win, catching fish, and a good beer, but strawberries rate right up there, too.  The season is short, but when they're ripe, we're picking, cleaning, jamming, jellying, baking, and anything else we can think to do with berries.  In this case, I'm crafting berries.  After all, it's berry season!


These berries in their berry carton are treat boxes.  I tucked my favorite year-round treat inside (chocolate), and gave them to a friend celebrating a birthday.  I found this cutting file at My Scrap Chick, and cut them out with my Silhouette Cameo. 

Here's a couple close ups of the strawberry treat boxes. All the card stock on these projects is from Close To My Heart.  The designer paper is Echo Park Dots & Stripes 12x12. 


No gift is complete without a card, so I made a Strawberry Shaped card to match the carton of strawberries:


I found this in the Silhouette Design Store.  The sentiment is a stamp from Close To My Heart.  There's also a bit of Timeless Twine on there.  Madge and I first met through 3 Girl JAM, so I just HAD to throw a pretty crinkle ribbon bow of 3 Girl JAM Sterling ribbon, from the Celebrations Bundle on here. 

I'll leave you with one more view of those yummy strawberry treat boxes...


Again, I want to thank Scrappin' Madge for the opportunity to guest design for her.  If you are ever in need of inspiration, head to  Madge's Scrappin' Lounge.  She never runs short of scrapping mojo!


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to visit me! I love all your kind words of encouragement!